It was only a mere 2 years ago that I even discovered Olympic National Park. I was planning my first ever solo trip up the Oregon Coast when I spontaneously decided to add another week to my trip to make my way up to visit the little town of Forks, Washington. Yes, mainly because I was (and still am) obsessed with the Twilight movies as a pre-teen, but I mean, who wasn’t?
Upon driving into Forks, I was immediately overcome with the feeling that I was home. As cheesy as it sounds, I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude, happiness, and pure contentment. It was unlike anything I had experienced before.
Not having an itinerary planned, I decided to Google some locations within the park. I ended up making my way to all the touristy destinations like Lake Crescent, Ruby Beach, the Hoh Rainforest, and Hurricane Ridge. This was the beginning of my slight obsession over this small corner of Washington State.
Hurricane Ridge was (and still is) my favorite place to visit within the park. I made my up for sunset and was immediately amazed at the sheer beauty before me: jagged mountains, cotton candy sky, and free range deer who were as gentle as ever. And that day, the last day of my trip, stuck with me forever.
Tips for Your Elopement
Hurricane Ridge is an extremely popular area in Olympic National Park, especially during the summer months. If you’re interested in having a Hurricane Ridge elopement, here are a few things I highly recommend doing!
- Elope during an off-season, more specifically, in the late fall. Unfortunately, this gem is covered in snow for a majority of the year (it’s still possible to elope here during the winter) and doesn’t open until late June, which by then, is busy season for the park.
- If you’re set on a summer date, consider having your ceremony here during sunrise or sunset. Anytime between 8am – 5pm will more than likely be extremely crowded and will offer little to no privacy.
- Prepare for unpredictable weather. Due to the higher elevation, thick fog, snow, and rain are not uncommon at Hurricane Ridge, especially during the fall months.
Hurricane Ridge Elopement Inspiration
During my most recent trip to the park, I knew I wanted to get creative and photograph a couple to showcase the true beauty Washington State has to offer. I decided to reach out to Tapestry Event Co., an incredible planning and styling team located in Seattle, to help put together a shoot I could use to showcase to my couples what a sunrise Hurricane Ridge elopement could look like for them.
Haley and Joe, our sweet couple, had recently gotten married and were extremely excited to model for us, as their wedding had not been the wedding they were expecting (thanks 2020). They were both so kind, upbeat, and braced the cold like champs. I learned about their cute corgi, Odie, Haley’s journey to becoming an herbalist, and Joe’s love of candy waffles made by one of our talented vendors.
We ran around the mountains, enjoyed a tasty breakfast picnic, and shared lots of laughs.
There is nothing I love more than showing my couples the beauty of locations like Hurricane Ridge, locations that feel so much like home. Locations that invoke so much gratitude, happiness, and pure contentment. Location that are unlike anything they have ever experienced before.
- Stylist, Planner, + Coordinator: Tapestry Event Co.
- Florist: White Barn Decor
- Caterer: Grate Boards
- Rentals: Simply Unique Rentals
- Jeweler: Grace Gow
- Milliner: Diana Dawn
- Wood Signs Calligrapher: Oh My Custom Designs
- Couple: Hayley and Joe
Hurricane Ridge Elopement Packages
I’m an elopement photographer who specializes in adventurous outdoor elopements all around the Pacific Northwest. Take a sneak peek at what’s included in my Hurricane Ridge elopement packages!
- 4 hours – 1.5 days of elopement coverage anywhere in Washington
- A personalized elopement planning experience with unlimited assistance
- Personalized elopement location recommendations
- Vendor, lodging, and activity recommendations
- Assistance and information to help you with permits, licenses, etc.
- 90+ page elopement planning guide filled with tips and tricks
- Customized elopement timelines
- Optional complimentary officiant services
- Online gallery with full resolution images and printing rights
- 24-48 hour sneak peeks to share with the world
- Travel fees to anywhere in Washington are already included
- Starting at $5,500
SNAG YOUR FREE ELOPEMENT GUIDE
For all things elopement planning. Whether you’re hoping to hike through the mountains of Washington or sip a margarita on the beaches of California, this all-in-one elopement guide has everything you need to know about how to plan the perfect elopement.
ARE YOU READY FOR AN ELOPEMENT EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER?
I’m Brianna, a California elopement photographer who inspires, encourages, and empowers couples to push traditional boundaries and create experiences they’ll remember forever. I help couples all around the world plan unique elopement days by providing personalized location lists, vendor recommendations, permits, guides, and so much more.