Gold Creek Pond used to be a hidden gem location situated within the mountains of Snoqualmie, a small town in Washington State. However, over the years it’s grown in popularity, especially amongst couples looking to elope. I mean with a backdrop as beautiful as Gold Creek, it’s no surprise that so many people are considering this beautiful location for their wedding or elopement.
With that being said, littering has become a very large problem in the area, and Leave No Trace guidelines aren’t being followed, which unfortunately has led the area to develop some strict rules for elopements that you can see below. These regulations were put in place as of 2021.
- Arches or setups are not permitted.
- A parking pass is required.
- A special use permit is required and must be obtained through the Okanogan Wenatchee National Forest.
The permit costs $246-$535 depending on the amount of people you have at your elopement. Failure to obtain a permit will result in a hefty fine. It’s important to always remember to Leave No Trace so we can all experience beautiful locations like these for years to come!
Now that the legal stuff is out of the way, let’s get into the story of this stunning Gold Creek Pond elopement.
Back in June, I attended a workshop in Washington to not only help me better my skills, but to experience more time in this magical state. I had always wanted to shoot at Gold Creek, so when the workshop hosts, Erika and Lexi, led us to this location, I was over the moon.
The elopement shoot took place on a weekday (definitely the best time to elope), and to our surprise, we only saw 3 people, which is very rare for a location as popular as this one. I was stunned by the mountains, trees, and clouds that circled the area. It was so serene and quiet. A perfect place for an intimate wedding or elopement. Plus, no hiking is required which is amazing for older friends and family members. There’s an entire path around the pond that’s ADA-accessible as well.
Overall, this location is one of the best out there. Keep in mind that this area is heavily trafficked and receives many visitors. It’s highly recommended to plan your Gold Creek elopement during the off-season on a weekday.
Check out more elopements and resources about Washington State below!
- Washington State Elopement Guide
- Hurricane Ridge Elopement
- North Cascades Elopement Guide
- Olympic National Park Elopement Guide
- Boho Elopement at Lake Cushman
A special thanks to all the incredible vendors who made this shoot come to life.
- Workshop: The Inspire Workshop
- Hosts: Erika and Lexi
- Florals: Flora by Haleigh
- Makeup: Kylie Hawkins Makeup
- Models: Shaye and Zach
Gold Creek Pond Elopement Packages
I’m a Pacific Northwest elopement photographer who plans and photographs elopements in epic places. Take a peek at what I offer in all my elopement packages below.
- 4 hours – 1.5 days of elopement coverage anywhere in Washington
- A personalized elopement planning experience with unlimited assistance
- Personalized elopement location recommendations
- Vendor, lodging, and activity recommendations
- Assistance and information to help you with permits, licenses, etc.
- 90+ page elopement planning guide filled with tips and tricks
- Customized elopement timelines
- Optional complimentary officiant services
- Online gallery with full resolution images and printing rights
- 24-48 hour sneak peeks to share with the world
- Travel fees to anywhere in Washington are already included
- Starting at $5,500
DON’T FORGET YOUR FREE ELOPEMENT GUIDE!
An all-in-one planning guide for all things elopements! Whether you’re hoping to hike through the mountains of Washington or sip a margarita on the beaches of California, this comprehensive elopement guide has everything you need to know about how to plan the perfect elopement.
AN ELOPEMENT EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER
I’m Brianna, a Pacific Northwest elopement photographer who inspires, encourages, and empowers couples to push traditional boundaries and create experiences they’ll remember forever.
I help couples all around the world plan unique and unforgettable elopement days by providing personalized location lists, vendor recommendations, permits, guides, and so much more.